The overall objective of the Center is to improve public health through specific initiatives and by means of appropriate instruments, and always in collaboration with the targeted communities and their leaders.
The specific objectives of the Center are:
- to design, test and manufacture tools for basic education about health and nutrition, which are adapted to the culture of local populations
- the production of this educational material inside the DRC, partly through artisanal techniques, by students during their holidays
- to design, test and produce books and manuals for students and professionals in nursing and for medical doctors working in remote areas;
these books are adapted to local conditions and to the specific responsibilities of medical personnel in Sub-Saharan Africa
- the distribution of these educational materials at prices that are tailored to the purchasing power of users
- the training in the field of teachers and instructors on topics associated with health and nutrition.
The Center also aims to be a link between the needs and aspirations of local communities and the objectives of the Government, the public health services and the World Health Organization.